Sunday, October 16, 2011

Oh the things you can do with yarn...

I crochet a lot, and often my projects are complete and I still have a small ball of leftover yarn that I don't know what to do with.  It's not enough for a crochet project, but I can't just throw it away either. 

I keep seeing people posting things they've covered in yarn, so I thought I'd give it a shot.  I have all of these cool shaped bottles that I've kept because I knew I'd find something to craft with them someday.  I'm starting to sound like a hoarder...

Anyway, I wrapped my yarn around the bottles and secured with a bit of hot glue and I was pleasantly surprised with the results.  I'd include a tutorial but it's really just that simple.  Put a line of hot glue around the bottom of your bottle, start wrapping, use a dot of hot glue at the top of your bottle when you're finished, and voila. 



I'm thinking about doing this seasonally and hot gluing crocheted flowers and ornaments onto the yarn vase.  In the meantime, these look really cute in the middle of my dining room table. 

No comments:

Post a Comment