Friday, October 14, 2011

Sock monkeys are good for the soul.

I've been in a particularly childlike mood lately, and as such I've been doing a lot of childlike crafting and baking.  Thank God I have two children, so that I can pretend these endeavors are purely for their sake.

Granted, the youngest of my kids had absolutely no interest in wearing a hat at all...  at eighteen months, she absolutely hates having anything on her head.  Sigh.


Thankfully, I have friends having babies.  Therefore, it is my duty as a friend and as a crafter to create things for new babies.  Such as this sock monkey hat, which is also an awesome manifestation of my inner child.  I think I'm going to make one in my size and wear it to drop my son off at school on days when he's in trouble.  With the threat of Mom showing up in a nightgown and a sock monkey hat, there's a good chance he'll never misbehave again.

This beautiful picture was taken by Amber Normandin of Normandin Photography in Moore, OK.  The sweet baby is Skyler Endecott, and he models my hat so well.   :)

You can also custom order one of these hats on my website at jadorebebe.webs.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment